Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Morning

I was up early again yesterday and got to bed late again, so it was tough to stay within my points. I'm proud of myself, though--I only went two over, and I think I really needed to. When you're awake for 19 hours, you probably need a little more food, and I definitely paced myself yesterday, eating five times. I think sometimes when you're really really hungry, it's better to go over your points a point or two than to go hungry. I find that I actually lose weight faster doing that.

So I started today with a smoothie that I've been making:
  • 1/2 banana,
  • 1 tablespoon reduced fat peanut butter (I get the Wal-mart brand; it's less calories than any other brand I can find),
  • 1 tablespoon sugar free honey,
  • 1/4 cup skim milk.

It doesn't make much, and it's about 4-5 points (4.5, to be exact), but it tastes so good and it's very filling. It tastes a lot like a dessert, but it's full of good sugars, like bananas.

I'm always looking for a good smoothie recipe, so if someone has a good one that has less points, please share!

I also ate two brownies with it, because I wanted something solid with my 4 oz. smoothie. I have a great recipe for 1 point brownies:

  • 2 1/2 tbs low calorie margarine
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 7 tbsp. flour
  • 1/3 cup artificial sweetener
  • 2 egg whites

Just beat the ingredients together, dump into a small pan, and bake at 350 F! Mine took about ten minutes to bake. It makes 9 brownies, at about 1 point apiece. They aren't the best brownies I've ever had, but they fill me up and get rid of my sugar craving. The batter is really good--I almost wish I hadn't baked them!

I'm going to try and get some more exercise in today. I haven't gotten much in since Thursday. I've found that exercise helps boost my metabolism. It builds muscle, which breaks down calories and fat faster. It also gives me more energy and makes my skin tighter when I do lose weight. I always use my activity points on the days I earn them, and they really help keep me on plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment