- oatmeal for breakfast
- grilled chicken salad for lunch
- fish and steamed broccoli for dinner
- nuts and fruit for snacks
I am going to use this blog to detail my journey on weight watchers, including my successes, failures, and struggles. I hope to offer encouragement, tips, advice, great diet products, and great recipes for my readers!
I want to share this burrito recipe with you before I sign off. The recipe does make a lot, but they are only 4 points apiece!
Beef Bean Burritos
- 1 lb. 4% fat ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 4 oz. canned diced green chile peppers
- 15.5 oz. canned black beans
- 15 oz. canned chili without beans
- 10.75 oz. condensed tomato soup
- 14 oz. low calorie red enchilada sauce
- 18 small flour tortillas (the tortillas I used were 1.5 points apiece)
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 8 oz. shredded 2% milk Mexican-style cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
- Brown beef and yellow onion in skillet. Season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chile peppers, black beans, tomato, lettuce, and 1 cup Mexican-style cheese
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chili, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce. Stir and heat over medium-low until heated through.
- Spoon ground beef mixture evenly over each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish.
- Pour sauce over top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with 1 cup Mexican-style cheese and green onions.
- Bake at 350° F for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.