Sunday, March 1, 2009

First Post!

I started this blog to show people that you can eat good food and lose weight. I'm a twenty-eight-year-old single woman who has been working on getting herself in shape since 1/1/2009. I just can't rely on the typical diet most dieters use that consists of boring, bland meals such as:
  • oatmeal for breakfast
  • grilled chicken salad for lunch
  • fish and steamed broccoli for dinner
  • nuts and fruit for snacks

I am going to use this blog to detail my journey on weight watchers, including my successes, failures, and struggles. I hope to offer encouragement, tips, advice, great diet products, and great recipes for my readers!

I want to share this burrito recipe with you before I sign off. The recipe does make a lot, but they are only 4 points apiece!

Beef Bean Burritos

Ingredients

  • 1 lb. 4% fat ground beef
  • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 4 oz. canned diced green chile peppers
  • 15.5 oz. canned black beans
  • 15 oz. canned chili without beans
  • 10.75 oz. condensed tomato soup
  • 14 oz. low calorie red enchilada sauce
  • 18 small flour tortillas (the tortillas I used were 1.5 points apiece)
  • 2 cups lettuce
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • 8 oz. shredded 2% milk Mexican-style cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9x13 inch casserole dish.
  • Brown beef and yellow onion in skillet. Season with garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir in the green chile peppers, black beans, tomato, lettuce, and 1 cup Mexican-style cheese
  • In a medium saucepan, combine the chili, tomato soup, and enchilada sauce. Stir and heat over medium-low until heated through.
  • Spoon ground beef mixture evenly over each tortilla. Roll up tortillas and place seam-side down in baking dish.
  • Pour sauce over top of the enchiladas. Sprinkle with 1 cup Mexican-style cheese and green onions.
  • Bake at 350° F for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment